Scalable, modular, pre-engineered and pre-configured Goods-to-Person (GTP) order picking solution achieving from 200 to 1,000 order lines/hour.
Automated inventory buffer with integrated GTP order picking
Issues including the lack of a reliable, willing, and available workforce, increasing employment costs, workplace safety and the need for greater flexibility to cope with ongoing business uncertainty, are driving the development of new, highly-efficient and cost-effective logistics automation solutions.
Key among these is automated Goods-to-Person (GTP) picking solutions, but traditionally the ROI has not been compelling for small to medium-sized operations. Enter Dematic's new Modular GTP System - a flexible, off-the-shelf picking solution which can be scaled up or down as your business changes or as seasonality dictates.
A key advantage of the modular GTP system is that it requires minimal customisation, significantly reducing costs and enabling rapid start-up. It can store between 4,000 and 40,000 totes, and if more SKUs (stock keeping units) are added or order volume increases, the modular and scalable GTP system can be easily expanded by adding additional Dematic Multishuttle storage aisles and/or pick stations, reducing the initial investment required and providing future flexibility.
Modular GTP comes with a host of other benefits including high productivity rates of up to 1000+ items/hour, ultra high pick accuracy, full redundancy, and space efficiency. And it is backed by Dematic's unrivalled integration experience, local software development, and comprehensive service network.
Dematic Modular Goods-to-Person at Toshiba
<iframe width="480" height="270" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3CF4hszKFUo?rel=0" frameborder="0"></iframe>
At Toshiba in Sydney, Australia, operators achieve average pick rates of 300-350 order lines per hour with a single Dematic Modular GTP station, picking small components from segmented product totes, assembling orders that are sent to despatch for packing and shipping.
Benefits of Dematic Modular GTP
- Rapid installation and start-up. Modular, pre-engineered design reduces risks, cuts lead times, speeds installation and ROI.
- Ultra-high productivity and accuracy. Very high pick rates of more than 1000 items per hour with minimal errors, at a single pick station.
- Scalability improves flexibility, lowers initial cost. Scalable from 4,000 - 40,000 totes, reduces investment, lowers building/rental costs, provides future flexibility.
- Fast ROI - from as little as three years. Productivity savings, reduced errors, lower buiding/leasing and operating costs, add up to a quick ROI
- Dematic nationwide 24/7 service and support. Australia's largest integrated logistics and IT systems service and support network.
Modular GTP System Applications
- Electronic goods
- Mechanical and electrical components
- Hardware, tools
- Spare parts
- Pharmacy, cosmetics
- Niche retailers, convenience stores
- Third party logistics
Dematic's Modular GTP system can address you order fulfilment challenge now - despite future business uncertainty. Contact us today for more information about Modular GTP.